Loan Penetration

• 212 posts
    December 17, 2021 12:34 PM EST

Loan Penetration by Banks destroys home ownership rates worldwide.

Countries that they have not yet exploited with their predatory banking enjoy much higher home ownership rates.
    How can people afford the homes they live in so much when they are financially poor? Because the homes and land were not financialized. Long-term financialization has taken America from a country where 6 months of work could buy a nice home in cash to a country where it takes decades to finish buying a home for most people.

Housing Loan Penetration by Country
    Descending Order:
    50%+ Swe, Den
    40-50%: Lux, NZ, Australia, Neth
    30-40%: Ire, Belg, US, Spa, UK, Can, Fin
    20-30%: Fra, Cyp, Au, Por, SK, Ger, Kuw, UER, Sing, Mal, Qat
    10-20%: Est, Oman, Jap, Isr, Iraq, Mala, SA, Iran, Hun, HK, Ita, Pan, Slovenia
    5-10%: Belarus, Afg, Lat, Cze, Slovak, Gre, Pal, Alg, Soma, Lith, Nep, Swaz, Malaw, Sud, Dji, Chad, Moro, Maur, Leb, Syr, Mauritius
    *African countries are recent additions as banks penetrate
    under 5% (many under 2%): all other countries
    openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/16821

Home Ownership by Country
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_home_ownership_rate

Many top countries by home ownership rate very low for mortgages.
    What does this mean ? A lot of things. Rising home values = inflation occurs
    when houses are owned by banks, not by people. This is seen in a graphic in
    the first link (the first chart) which shows Mortgage Depth and Loan Origination
    run hand-in-hand. Where the banks own houses, the banks drive prices upward.
    Where the banks do not own houses, and do not loan, people own houses and
    prices are naturally static or depend on other non-financialized factors.

• 6 posts
    December 17, 2021 1:29 PM EST

It's not even your own house, in most of the country, you don't own alloidal deed.

I realize this statement gets into the weeds of legality, and there's a big difference between owning a home
    in an Unincorporated "community" or a sovereign City/Town, however.. the Federal government surely does ACT like it owns us
    and all the land. That is, those who own the Federal Government direct it to act in said manner.

• 11 posts
    December 17, 2021 1:30 PM EST

I don't quite agree with you. According to the statistics I've seen, it's just the opposite. People's demand for construction and real estate investments has gone up, even despite the epidemic. Even bank intervention in this area and rising inflation have not been able to stop people from investing. If there were no demand, there would be no supply. And so, the supply took on a cosmic scale. Hundreds of companies opened up offering their services in real estate construction. For example, boutiquehomeplans.com specializes in house planning. With the help of these guys, my friend built his house just six months ago. I think that speaks volumes.