Forums » Support

How to Resolve Connection has been Lost error in QuickBooks?

• 55 posts
    February 27, 2019 8:48 AM EST

In this short technical post, we are going to briefly discuss about the way to fix the QuickBooks Error Connection has been lost. It is evident that QuickBooks accounting software is the most vital tool for the tax filing, bookkeeping, and other business operations. But it also poses some recoverable technical glitches, one of them is – “QuickBooks Error Message: Connection has been Lost. To fix this error, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Support team instantly.  

Error message you may see in your computer screen

Error Description:

The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered.

Possible Causes

• A 3rd party process/service from an Anti-Virus firewall may be interfering with QuickBooks.
    • Your QuickBooks file may be corrupted.
    • The folder where the file is saved may need additional permission.

Troubleshooting of Connection Has Been Lost Error Message

Here are some of the ways with you can resolve this issue manually:-

vRestart the QuickBooks software.

vRestart the computer.

vUse the QuickBooks File Doctor:-

1. From the Intuit’s official website, download & install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
    2. Click on the desktop icon twice to launch it.
    3. Verify the results:-

a)    In case, you see the “No Problem Detected” in the file. It means that there is no issue in the company file.

b)   Or if you see an error, verify the data file & build it again if necessary.

Few Additional Solution Methods:

1. Restart Database Server Manager
    2. Move the file to a different folder
    3. Set Power saving option to never

I hope these quick steps helped you to resolve your connection has been lost error. In case, these steps are quite difficult to fix for you or you are looking for the instant support – you can contact the QuickBooks Error Support and Help team. We, Pro Accountant Advisor is team of QB expert’s technicians and software engineer for quick solution. Dial their toll-free helpline number .i.e. +1-800-880-6389.

Source: http://www.cyclosport.org/forum/018256.html

• 119 posts
    • 1 posts
    June 26, 2019 9:44 AM EDT

Thank you for sharing the information. Now I would like to divert you from the topic. We are certified experts in the field of QuickBooks. We provide variety of services to resolve QuickBooks error the user may face while using payroll, inventory, POS, pro, enterprise, company file, single and multiple user mode etc. Call our QuickBooks Error tech Support Number 1-888-502-0363(Toll Free).

• 12 posts
    June 27, 2019 1:34 AM EDT

I am using the QuickBooks Software for 4 years and it was good but one month ago I face a few errors in my software and after searching I found the error number 9994. I don't know how it was occurring and how it will solve. After reading this might be I am able to fix my QuickBooks Enterprise Support for my business transactions.