Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Ryan O'Reilly Jersey Womens

• 15 posts
    February 12, 2019 1:39 AM EST
    The Vegas Golden Knights and Anaheim Ducks are not off to the kind of start they envisioned heading into the season Ryan O'Reilly Jersey Womens , but they remain in the thick of a wide-open Pacific Division. Heading into Tuesday’s games, only five points separated the top six teams — from upstart Vancouver with 22 points (10-7-2) to Arizona (8-7-1) and Edmonton (8-8-1) with 17 points. Vegas (7-10-1) hosts Anaheim (8-8-3, 19 points) on Wednesday as the seventh-place team with 15 points. In their inaugural season last year, the Golden Knights beat the Ducks in the Western Conference semifinals on their way to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals against eventual champion Washington.Article continues below ...“I think it’s fortunate for us right now that it is (wide open),” Vegas defenseman Colin Miller told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “We know that we haven’t been playing our best and we really need to turn it around if we want to do something this year.”The Knights have a chance to make up ground with eight of their next 10 games against division opponents, starting against Anaheim, which is coming off a 2-1 shootout victory over Nashville on Monday night.“I feel like that’s every year. You come out thinking teams are going to do something and they don’t,” defenseman Nick Holden told the Review-Journal. “For us Brian Elliott Jersey , we were hoping to have a better record than we do right now, but it’s good that we really haven’t played our division a ton, maybe gain some ground once we start playing those teams.”In the most recent game Sunday, the Knights lost 4-1 in Boston in the 100th regular-season game in franchise history. They have the second-most victories in league history by a team in its first 100 regular-season games (58-34-8). The Ottawa Senators, who compiled a 63-37 record, had more victories in their first 100 games.Miller is one of two players to appear in every game for the Knights along with center William Karlsson. “It’s gone quick,” Miller said. “Looking back now, I don’t think it’s felt like 100 games http://www.officialflyersproshop.com/authentic-adidas-claude-giroux-jersey , but it’s been exciting. Obviously last year was pretty special and this year we’re finding our way a bit. So try to make it a good one.”Anaheim comes into Vegas full of momentum after handing Nashville only its third loss of the season. The Predators lead the Central Division with 27 points at 13-3-1.Rickard Rakell scored his first career game-deciding goal in the shootout and improved to 7-for-20 in his career. Pontus Aberg opened the shootout with his first career shootout goal in his second career attempt.“I had a little plan before I went out there,” Rakell said. “Previous times this year hasn’t really worked for me, so I just tried to throw everything out there. It was really nice to see it go in.“(Beating the league-leading Predators) was a great test for us, especially playing against those guys. It shows we can play with any team in this league.”For the Ducks, it was their 10th game allowing two goals or fewer this season. Anaheim ranks tied for second among NHL teams in games allowing two or fewer goals with Vancouver and Nashville. Boston leads with 11 games.Anaheim was also 7 of 7 on the penalty kill against Nashville. In the last five games, Anaheim has successfully killed 19 of 21(90.5 percent) opponent power-play opportunities. DALLAS (AP) — Anders Lee scored one of the most unusual of his 137 career goals on Sunday night — and it wasn’t even the most bizarre goal of the game.Nick Leddy’s shot from the top of the slot hit the left post and caromed to Anton Khudobin’s right skate, where Lee poked the puck between the Dallas goalie’s legs for a tiebreaking power-play goal with 10:10 to play that sent the New York Islanders to a 3-1 victory over the Stars.“We’ve had a couple of odd ones like that,” Lee said. “Good things happen when you get pucks to the net. Huge little boost for us Ivan Provorov Jersey , a little momentum swing. They don’t always ask how they go in.”The Islanders’ first two goals went in off Khudobin, actually.Tyler Pitlick scored the game’s first goal for the Stars in the second period before Casey Cizikas tied it with a fluke goal at 14:10. Cizikas skated behind the net and shot a backhand that went off Khudobin’s mask and back before dropping behind the goal line.“It hit my head, bent over,” Khudobin said. “It hit the bar of the net. It started rolling back (down) and hit my back.”Bad breaks?“Yeah, lucky ones. It happens in hockey,” he said.Leo Komarov added an empty-net goal with a minute remaining.Khudobin finished with 25 saves.Islanders goalie Robin Lehner made 19 saves, six in the third period against a listless Dallas offense on the second night of a back-to-back.“You kind of get used to these types of games,” Lehner said. “There’s long periods of time when you don’t have much to do but (are) required to make a save here and there. I’m getting more comfortable with it.”Pitlick Jakub Voracek Jersey Kids , a healthy scratch Saturday night at Minnesota, wouldn’t accept fatigue or losing a center to injury each night as an excuse.“It’s tough that the guys have to double shift, especially coming off a back-to-back. But we’ve got to find a way to dig in and get those points,” he said.New York has won four of its last five games to move within two points of Pittsburgh for third place in the Metropolitan Division.The Stars had won two of three. Dallas dropped behind Edmonton in the race for the Western Conference’s second wild card.In the first period, the Islanders outshot Dallas 9-7 and had two power plays to the Stars’ one. There were no shots on goal during any of the three man advantages.Pitlick scored 6:20 into the second. He stickhandled in from the left along the goal line, moved the puck to his forehand and shot it inside the right post.“I was looking to pass but they just kind of let me walk in,” Pitlick said.Islanders coach Barry Trotz liked the result, especially with the team heading into a four-day holiday break.“We took a high-octane type of team and shut them down for the most part. There’s some pretty dynamic talent on that team. We did a really good job against their top players Youth Jordan Weal Jersey ,” Trotz said.NOTES: Each team started its No. 2 goaltender. … Islanders D Devon Toews, 24, made his NHL debut because Johnny Boychuk returned to New York with his wife due to deliver their third child. … Dallas C Jason Dickinson was scratched from the lineup after leaving Saturday’s game because of an upper-body injury. C Martin Hanzal (upper body) did not play after the first period. … The players wearing No. 47, Komarov and Stars RW Alexander Radulov, scrapped and drew roughing penalties twice in the second period. Radulov had 20 penalty minutes in his first 26 games but added eight more against the Islanders. … Entering the game, New York and Dallas were among the seven NHL teams that had allowed fewer than 100 goals. The Islanders now have given up 98 and the Stars 102.UP NEXTIslanders: Return home to face Ottawa on Friday.Stars: Play at Nashville on Thursday.